| || Peace Movement Aotearoa | What's on where |
Petitions - paper and online
- Petition to parliament: Call for action to abolish nuclear weapons, International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons Aotearoa New Zealand - the deadline for return of petition forms is 15 March 2012.
- Petition to the House of Representatives, Rekohu: I respectfully request that the island currently known as Chatham Island (after the British Ship 'The Chatham' and the English Earl of Chatham) be officially renamed Rekohu the name used for centuries by its Moriori indigenous people - ongoing.
- Not in Our Name Aotearoa New Zealand, Pledge of resistance to war, printable form, - ongoing.
- International Petition to Ban Uranium Weapons, online petition.
- Manifesto against conscription and the military system, online petition.
- End repeat jail sentences for Israeli Defence Force draft resisters, online petition.
- Call for Peace in Korea, Korean Peace Campaign, online petition.
- Stop the Wall of Separation Immediately, online petition.
- Say No! sign on to WRI statement, online petition.
- International Appeal by Lawyers and Jurists against the 'Preventive' Use of Force, IALANA, a sign-on appeal for lawyers and jurists.
- Petition 'UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples' - the first presentation of signatures to parliament was on 10 December 2008, the final deadline for return of signatures was 15 April 2009. The written submission in support of the petition and the report of the Select Committee considering it are available on this web page in the 'NZ government's position on the Declaration' section.
- Petition 'End government support for military exports' - deadline for return of signatures was 1 May 2009.
- Oppose the Genographic Project, online petition.
- Kao! to Marina in Whangamata / No! to Marina in Whangamata, online petition.
- Depleted uranium petition and fact sheet - To the NZ House of Representatives: "that the House emulate the Belgian Parliament's decision of 22 March 2007 by prohibiting in New Zealand the manufacture, use, storage, sale, acquisition, supply and transit of inert munitions and armour that contain depleted uranium [DU] or any other industrially manufactured uranium" - closed August 2008
- Help ban cluster bombs, online petition - runs to February 2008.
- Respect Indigenous Peoples' Rights! Free the Arrested Maori, Asia-Pacific Indigenous Youth Network, online petition.
- Support the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples - more than 14,000 individuals and organizations have already signed this global petition organised by the Grand Council of the Crees and Amnesty International Canada in support of the Declaration, online petition.
- Workers Charter petition demanding $12 per hour minimum wage and the abolition of youth rates, national printable petition, ongoing.
- End NZ support for the 'war on terrorism', national printable petition, ongoing.
- Initiative on the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, Aotearoa Indigenous Rights Trust, 21 August 2006.
- Public Participation on NZ government position on the Draft Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, online petition.
- Keep Our Port Public, national printable petition, deadline is 12 June 2006.
- Support for Malcolm Kendall-Smith, online petition - for information about other ways to support Malcolm, see this web page.
Foreshore and Seabed Petition - online petition (and a printable version) from TU MAI.
Petition opposing the corporatisation of the water services of Wellington and Hutt cities, June 2003 - for a copy of the petition, or more information about it, please email.
- Artists and Writers Oppose Expanding War on Terrorism, online petition.
Reject the nomination of Bush and Blair for the Nobel Peace Prize, on-line petition.
No NZ support for the 'war on terrorism'
Sign-on to the 12 Point plan for stopping the war and rebuilding a just society in Afghanistan, Women's Caucus for Gender Justice, started October 2001
Act now to protect the international justice system, Amnesty International, on-line petition
'Stop the Sale of Te Kuri' (Young Nick's Head), online petition [note: this link was deactivated following hacking of the Te Kuri web site, February 2005]
Petition Calling for Peaceful Resolution
Petition to use moderation, wisdom and restraint
Sign-on: Nuclear waste shipments, Pacific solidarity statement, PCRC, e-mail petition
Petition calling for the withdrawal of U.S. troops and bases from Okinawa,e-mail petition
View the Abolition 2000 petition form.
Petition against US militarization in the Philippines, e-mail petition
No to Star Wars - Stop the BMD (Ballistic Missile Defence system),online petition
Australia bans UN human rights inspections, online petition
View the Trident Ploughshares petition form.
Sign-on demands to the IMF and the World Bank - March-April 2000(e-mail petition)
Appeal - US bases out of Okinawa!, 21 July 2000
Call for the elimination of weapons of mass destruction,
WILPF (Closed 28 April 2000)
'Women building Peace' Petition - March 2000 (e-mail petition)
East Timor petition - UNHCHR (closed October 1999)
The Balkans Crisis - Petition to the New Zealand Government and Members
of Parliament (closed June 1999)
View the "SIS Petition to the House of Representatives". (closed February 1999)
You can print this form off the web page
View/Download the "SIS Petition to the House of Representatives" in Adobe Acrobat format. (closed February 1999)
View the "International Declaration in Opposition to the Economic Blockade in Iraq". (closed February 1999)
You can print this form off the web page
Support the International Declaration of Human Rights (e-mail petition - closure date uncertain)
Sign on - International Criminal Court (e-mail petition - closed 1998)
Peace Movement Aotearoa | What's on where